don't give up until you read this!!!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

spousal abuse

It takes courage to get yourself out of a abusive relationship. I personally recall reading dozens of books and articles relating to the abusive nature of my own relationship. I didn't want to believe that this was actually happening to me. I discounted the types of behavior that my spouse was capable of. From name calling, to put downs against me personally and my family. The yelling, screaming, shout and criticize then realize the stupidity of the behavior after the fact.  The bizarre nature of  comments  directed to her own kids was odd to say the least.
The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to recognize it and how to respond

 It has been a couple of years since I took the courage to leave my relationship of over twenty years. Reading books about what controlling people are really  like made me realize I was living in an abusive relationship.

It wasn't always like this but it got to a point where I didn't even want to go home to my own house. Some people just can't seem to be happy. Apparently these types of people are right and the rest of the world is wrong, and they actually believe that.

 I am now free to be me and have moved on to a better place that is peaceful, quiet, and respectful. We all have a choice and deserve to live in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment